Reports To: Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Date: October 2020
Pay Band: 5
Primary Areas of Focus
- Client Engagement
- Contract Management
- Project Team Development
- Construction Administration
- Business Strategy
- Proposal and Invoice management.
- Contract management, including change orders and additional services.
- Resource management for the internal project team, including scheduling and managing project budget.
- Oversee the design, provide quality quality assurance and control, resolve issues, communicate project goals, and manage timelines and budgets.
- Communicate with internal and external project teams, clients, and public agencies and serve as primary client contact.
- Responsible for construction administration and observation.
- Participate in business development activities to nurture existing relationships and foster new relationships with clients, partners, and municipalities.
- Understand and follow NE practices and processes to help the entire project team perform tasks on time and within budget.
- Responsible for performance management, career development, work/life balance, psychological safety, and personal development of Civil Engineers.
- This role contributes to Northern’s recruitment and hiring process by reviewing potential candidates, participating in interviews and candidate selection, determining onboarding plans, and overseeing training.
- Achieve a 70-80% Billable Utilization Rate. Non-billable activities include company & team meetings, professional development, community involvement, innovation time, culture & engagement activities, business development, proposal preparation, contract management, hiring, mentoring, learning, and training.
- Accomplish work without considerable direction. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation of criteria to obtain desired results. Exert significant latitude in determining objectives and take calculated risk with consultation from Director.
- Accountable for client success. Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation. Determine and pursue alternative paths towards an optimal solution. Exercise judgment in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation of criteria to obtain results consistent with policies and practices.
- This position manages people.
- Decision-making has a significant effect on organizational goals and resources.
- This position has the responsibility to meet revenue targets.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving invoices on time.
- Responsible for own timecard and ensuring the project team completes timecards accurately and on time.
- The responsibilities of this role allow for telework following Northern’s policy.
- This role is eligible for the company cell phone plan.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related Engineering field.
- Colorado Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain within one year.
- Extraordinary experience may be considered in lieu of degree or licensure.
- Advanced degrees or accreditations are preferred.
- Minimum of 7years’ experience in civil engineering.
- Competent in Civil 3D and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Who You Are:
- Not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to improve yourself, your team, and the company. Communicate improvements with your team and leaders.
- Takes responsibility for your own experience and actions and recognizes how your actions impact others
- Creates and cultivates authentic internal and external relationships and recognizes the importance of maintaining those connections.
- Appreciates diversity and serve as a champion in creating an inclusive culture.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The position may require a visit to project sites often.
- The position requires a regular and normal range of hearing.
- The employee must be able to lift 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires prolonged sitting with 15% of the time spent bending and reaching.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Noise levels consistent with a standard office environment.