Reports To: Director of Finance
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Date: August 2021
Pay Band: TBD
Primary Areas of Focus
- Human Resources Administration & Compliance
- Administer Benefit, Compensation & Performance Programs
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees about absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters, including corrective action when necessary
- Assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for business operations to continually improve the efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole to improve the employee’s experience
- Participate in developing HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements. In addition, evaluate and utilize software to increase efficiency.
- Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, conduct investigations, and update policies and procedures as required
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient, safe, and conflict-free workplace
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Maintain employee files and records
- Arrange seminars, workshops, and conferences
- Generate official internal documents such as offer letters, promotions, salary slips, corrective actions.
- Administer benefits, compensation, and performance programs.
- Manage total reward plans and processes including 401(k), Paid Time Off (PTO), sick time, insurance (health, dental, vision, life, disability), , bonuses, profit sharing, and base salary changes.
- Process payroll, including; bi-weekly and semi-monthly updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick pay, , inputtingexemptions, hourly employee validations, and benefit changes
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
- Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Assist with training & development initiatives
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes.
- Responsibilities may include training employees, planning, assigning, and directing administrative staff, appraising job performance, rewarding, motivating, or disciplining employees, addressing complaints, and resolving conflicts.
- Understand and follow NE practices and processes to support staff.
- This role does not produce billable hours. Non-billable activities may include company & team meetings, professional development, community involvement, innovation time, culture & engagement activities, learning, training, mentoring, hiring, and administrative work required to perform this role’s professional responsibilities.
- Works with limited direction toward achieving determined goals. Acts independently to determine methods or procedures required to complete tasks and takes calculated risk with consultation from the executive team.
- Accountable for company success. Work on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires in-depth evaluation. Aware of changing and interconnected variables, exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results.
- This position manages people.
- Decision-making authority has a significant effect on achieving company goals.
- This position has the responsibility to meet budget deadlines and targets.
- Responsible for completing time cards accurately and on time.
- The responsibilities of this role allow for telework following Northern’s policy.
- This role is eligible for the company cell phone plan.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in human resources or business-related field preferred.
- Resourceful, strong communication and problem-solving skills and high emotional intelligence with a minimum of 5 years experience working in HR, specifically in labor relations, compliance, and benefits administration.
- Additional HR training and certification preferred.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations and ability to appropriately spot employment risk issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, HRIS systems and comfortable learning new technology.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Who You Are:
- Not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to improve yourself, your team, and the company. Communicate improvements with your team and leaders.
- Takes responsibility for your own experience and actions and recognizes how your actions impact others.
- Creates and cultivates authentic internal and external relationships and recognizes the importance of maintaining those connections.
- Appreciates diversity and serves as a champion in creating an inclusive culture.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The position requires a regular and normal range of hearing.
- The employee must be able to lift 40 lbs. monthly.
- Requires prolonged sitting with 15% of the time spent bending and reaching.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Noise levels are consistent with a standard office environment.