Reports To: Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Date: October 2020
Pay Band: 4
Primary Areas of Focus
- Project Coordination
- Quality Assurance & Control
- Due Diligence
- Issue Resolution
- Contract Management
- General understanding of engineering principals to direct design on specific project tasks and perform independent design when necessary.
- Proficient with the office CAD system to perform or direct tasks related to all aspects of design.
- Provide support to multiple project teams and mentor others.
- Perform due diligence and project research.
- Performs quality assurance and control to ensure consistency in deliverables.
- Assist Project Managers by providing direction and coordination to less experienced engineers.
- Attend public agency meetings.
- Work with Project Managers or Director to establish and manage deadlines for project stages and provide project teams with necessary information.
- Work with Director, Project Manager, and project team to resolve urgent issues.
- Work with clients and public agencies to obtain necessary approvals.
- May participate in construction administration and observation.
- Provide proposal preparation, contract management, and additional services support to Project Managers.
- Understand and follow NE practices and processes to perform tasks on time and within budget.
- Achieve and 80-90% Billable Utilization Rate. Non-billable activities include company & team meetings, professional development, community involvement, innovation time, culture & engagement activities, proposal preparation, contract management, mentoring, learning, and training.
- Accomplish work with limited direction. Determine and develop approaches to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to achieve objectives.
- Accountable for situational success. Provide resolution to complex problems, performs analysis to identify root cause, and use judgment within defined boundaries to develop alternative solutions.
- This role is an individual contributor role.
- Decision-making has a significant effect on project resources and achieving project goals.
- This position has the responsibility to meet project revenue targets.
- Responsible for completing timecards accurately and on time.
- The responsibilities of this role allow for telework following Northern’s policy.
- This role is eligible for the company cell phone plan.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related Engineering field.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification or ability to obtain within one year.
- Extraordinary experience may be considered in lieu of degree or certification.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in civil engineering.
- Proficient with Civil 3D and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Who You Are:
- Not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to improve yourself, your team, and the company. Communicate improvements with your team and leaders.
- Takes responsibility for your own experience and actions and recognizes how your actions impact others.
- Creates and cultivates authentic internal and external relationships and recognizes the importance of maintaining those connections.
- Appreciates diversity and serve as a champion in creating an inclusive culture.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The position may require a visit to project sites often.
- The position requires a regular and normal range of hearing.
- The employee must be able to lift 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires prolonged sitting with 15% of the time spent bending and reaching.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Noise levels consistent with a standard office environment.