CIVIL ENGINEER IV
Reports To: Project Manager
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Date: October 2020
Pay Band: 4
Primary Areas of Focus
- Lead Engineer
- Construction Administration
- Project Coordination
- Master of the office CAD system to perform tasks related to all aspects of design and modeling.
- Advanced understanding of engineering principals to provide design and drafting of public and private infrastructure.
- Participates in creating standards and processes, provides support to multiple project teams, and mentors others.
- Reviews final plan set for quality assurance and control. Review and approval may require stamping.
- Assist the Project Manager by providing direction and coordination to less experienced engineers.
- Work with clients and review agencies to produce design drawings and obtain necessary approvals.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Utilize specialized engineering techniques or modeling.
- Participate in construction administration and observation.
- Understand and follow NE practices and processes to perform tasks on time and within budget.
- Achieve an 80-90% Billable Utilization Rate. Non-billable activities include company & team meetings, professional development, community involvement, innovation time, culture & engagement activities, mentoring, learning, and training.
- Accomplish work with limited direction. Determines and develops approaches to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion to achieve objectives.
- Accountable for situational success. Provide resolution to complex problems, perform analysis to identify root cause, and use judgment within defined boundaries to develop alternative solutions.
- This role is an individual contributor role.
- Decision-making has a significant effect on project resources and achieving project goals.
- This position has the responsibility to meet project revenue targets.
- Responsible for completing timecards accurately and on time.
- The responsibilities of this role allow for telework following Northern’s policy.
- This role is not eligible for the company cell phone plan.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, or related Engineering field.
- Colorado Professional Engineer license or ability to obtain within one year.
- Extraordinary experience may be considered in lieu of degree or licensure.
- Advanced degrees or accreditations are preferred.
- Minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in civil engineering.
- Advanced skills in Civil 3D and Microsoft Office.
- Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Who You Are:
- Not satisfied with the status quo and are always looking for ways to improve yourself, your team, and the company. Communicate improvements with your team and leaders.
- Takes responsibility for your own experience and actions and recognizes how your actions impact others.
- Creates and cultivates authentic internal and external relationships and recognizes the importance of maintaining those connections.
- Appreciates diversity and serve as a champion in creating an inclusive culture.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- The position may require a visit to project sites often.
- The position requires a regular and normal range of hearing.
- The employee must be able to lift 40 lbs. occasionally.
- Requires prolonged sitting with 15% of the time spent bending and reaching.
- Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Noise levels consistent with a standard office environment.